Monday, August 22, 2011

More Carlos Is a Good Thing

Oh my God, my weekend couldn't have been any better. Saturday, Carlos took me to El Ranchito. It was by far the best Mexican food I have ever had. It's in Oak Cliff, but it's totally worth the drive. Incredible food. Seriously. Carlos told me it was the most authentic Mexican food he'd ever had in Dallas. Our meal was great, and we had a great time talking. We took forever there, we were having so much fun talking and being all over each other the whole time. We then went to this awesome little book store called Cliff Notes. Cute double pun. I found a great copy of Goethe's Faust. I've always wanted to read that. We then went to Starbucks and talked for hours more. He asked me out for Sunday, and when I asked him where, he told me he'd find us something interesting to do.

Sunday we left so early we had breakfast together at Southern Recipe Cafe. We then went to the butterfly exhibit at Fair Park. The butterflies were beautiful. I am in love with the incredible blue morpho butterfly.

He then took me to the Dallas Museum of Art, where told me all about the different pieces we saw. He knows a lot about art. It was so interesting -- I was amazed he knew so much. We're going to go to Fort Worth to visit the museums over there next weekend. That will be a lot of fun, going with him.

We had a late dinner at Cafe Brazil, where we ate and drank coffee and talked for hours. I didn't even notice how much time passed -- but we left there past midnight!

Carlos and I talked about all sorts of stuff, from biology to economics, and we talked about how similar the two are. I think we have a lot of things in common, even if it may not at first appear to be so. I'm having a lot of fun with him. I love hanging out with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment